Water is very important for your body. It keeps you healthy in so many ways: keeping your body temperature stable, removing wastes from your body, and carrying nutrients to all of your cells.
WHEN YOU DON’T DRINK ENOUGH WATER, YOU GET DEHYDRATED AND YOUR BODY WILL NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY.
6 Danger Signs of Dehydration
|Increased body temperature or labored breathing|
|Dark-colored urine or infrequent urination|
|Dry lips and eyes, mouth, skin|
|Feeling tired or sleepy|
Tips to ensure you are drinking enough water:
- Fill a large container with 64 fl oz., 1/2 gallon or 1.8 litres of water, (amount of liquid in a half gallon of milk). Once it is empty you have met your daily goal!
- When you leave home, fill 3 to 4 16-24 ounce bottles with water and drink them throughout the day. Drink at least 2 of them by 2:00 pm.
- If you drink alcohol or soft drinks, be sure you always drink a bottle of water in between.
- Serve a glass or pitcher of water with each meal.
- Make sure your urine is clear or a pale yellow color. You should urinate every 2-3 hours during the day.
Learn more about the importance of hydration, how much water you should drink each day and infused water recipes by participating in our 30 Day Water Challenge program.
Register now! Visit our Water Challenge community program webpage