Things You Need to Know
- You must take action by the deadline. Whether you are signing up or re-enrolling.
- Financial help is available to lower monthly costs! You may qualify for help paying your premium and co-pays. In Louisiana, 93% of people receive financial assistance.
- Eligibility is based on income and household size. Be sure and have income information and a social security number on hand for each person in your household.
Tips for navigating the Health Insurance Marketplace
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I still be able to use the NOMC?
Yes. In fact, under ACA, the NOMC will receive additional funding if you select us as your Medical Home.
The New Orleans’ Musicians Clinic encourages ALL our patients and those in our music community to please comply with the new health law to support Obamacare.
- Protect your health and your wallet! Your body is your most vital instrument! Under the new health insurance plan emergency room visits, hospitalizations, labs, RX, mental health treatment, diabetes and cholesterol screenings, prostate exams, mammograms are ALL covered.
- Keep the New Orleans Musicians Clinic ALIVE by letting us serve as your Patient Centered Medical Home and be paid for your care by ACA.
- Most of the new health insurance plans offered may cost less than your cell phone plan. Health insurance is just as vital to your career as your car and your cell phone.
Who can help me figure out what my best option is?
There are still many factors to work out but the NOMC is here to help.
Our Social Services coordinator can review best options with you.
Megan • 412-1366 • firstname.lastname@example.org
The NOMC&AF have just received a grant which will allow us to employ a fulltime community health worker to assist during this time of transition.
What are the benefits of getting a Health Insurance Plan?
- The health care law requires many insurance plans to provide coverage without cost sharing to enrollees for a variety of preventive health services.
- Insurers can not refuse coverage to anyone.
- All new health insurance plans must offer an essential benefits package which limits your out of pocket expenses.
- NO more annual $ limits on medical benefits the insurers will pay out for your care.
- If you become ill or injured when you are outside of New Orleans, your medical care will be covered all over the USA.
When do I need to sign up?
You must register for a plan during the Open Enrollment Period unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. If you qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can apply for these programs at any time.
For more information on important dates and deadlines please visit: https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/dates-and-deadlines/
How much will health insurance cost me?
You can get a rough estimate from this easy-to-use calculator.
Are there special insurance plans for people under 30?
Adults under the age of 30 may enroll in lower-cost, high-deductible “catastrophic plans” which offer prevention benefits, 3 annual primary care visits, and will be exempt from a deductible.
Adult children under the age of 26 can enroll in their parent’s coverage.