Last updated on March 18th, 2021 at 12:07 pm, work in progress
Financial Aid from one of the following recommended resources may be available to you if you experienced material losses as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Consultations with the NOMC’s social worker are currently limited to current patients of the New Orleans Musicians’ Clinic, however below is a (non-exhaustive) guide to recommended financial aid resources that are cultural community-specific.
While application requirements and parameters vary by funding source, typically, you must be able to provide the following documentation. To address the impact on cash-based workers, some funds are becoming more flexible in their requirements, applicants must consult the appropriate agency to learn more about criteria.
The Ella Project can help answer your questions on documentation and eligibility for varying funds and relief programs. Call/Email with your questions to 504-250-0429 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fill out an online request form to get started.
List of items typically needed for applications:
- Proof of culturally-related work (e.g. contract, a letter from your employer, 1099, W2)
- 2018 and/or 2019 tax return
- A valid form of ID or proof of residency
- bank statements
- Music COVID Relief
- Actors’ Fund (not just for Actors)
- Musicians Foundation CV19 FUND
- New Music Solidarity Fund
- Sweet Relief COVID-19 Fund
- Equal Sound COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Light Hope Light’s Better Help: Tour Support
- Blue Grass Trust Fund – COVID-19 Relief Fund
- The Creator Fund
- Songwriters of North America
- Artist Relief Grants – NOW OPEN UNTIL 03/31/2021!!
- Freelance Audio Fund
- Jazz Coalition Commission Fund
- ARTNOIR JAR OF LOVE MICROGRANT
- $500 grants for cultural workers of color of any discipline.
- APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT
- Help Filing for Unemployment
- **HELP GUIDE: Government Support for Creative Professionals (PDF) – **download or screenshot this helpful flowchart – for anyone who lost current or upcoming full or part-time work!
- Sign up for help here: https://forms.gle/YJfRapoTR2g9tqmt5
- Catholic Charities Assistance for Benefits Enrollment – Catholic Charities can assist you with completing: SNAP Application/Re-certification, Medicaid Application, Benefits Enrollment Checkup. For assistance please contact: Mary Smith Office (504) 861-6360 | cell (504) 605-9248 OR Doug Kariker Office (504) 310-6909 | cell (504) 260-6443
- APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT
- Jazz & Heritage Music Relief Fund (Open until 3/31/21)
- Must be a musician, 18+ years old, living in Louisiana, and have been a professional musician for at least one year. Previous grantees are still eligible to apply. Applicants who don’t have reliable access to a computer or internet may call the Jazz & Heritage Relief Line at 504-558-6108 to complete their application over the phone.
- City of New Orleans Rental Assistance Program
- Financial assistance is available for both tenants and landlords and can cover up to 12 months of rent (though there is a maximum limit per month). Payment will generally be sent directly to landlords, and applications are being accepted online, in person, or by mail. Households eligible to apply if they meet one of the following criteria: current income at or below 60% of Area Median Income (about $42,000/yr for a family of 4); experiencing significant financial hardship due to COVID-19; at risk of homelessness/housing insecurity. Online Tenant Application here.
- City Council Cares Program
- City Council Cares Program provides eligible Entergy New Orleans customers with bill credits to help with electric and gas bills.
- Community Support Fund (CSF) from the Finance Authority of New Orleans (see flyer below)
- Funds will help New Orleans residents who qualify with rent or utility assistance. $500 rental assistance per household and $75 utility assistance per household.
- To apply for FANO’s CSF assistance, residents should call (504) 524-5533, (504) 354-0904, or email: email@example.com. Applicants will be pre-screened to determine basic eligibility and will receive notice of the documentation needed to qualify for the program.
- Louisiana Culture Care Fund
- New Orleans Creative Response Relief Fund
- Jazz & Heritage Music Relief Fund
- Greater New Orleans Foundation Service and Hospitality Family Assistance Program
- United Way Hospitality Cares Pandemic Response Fund
- United Way Help Alice: https://www.unitedwaysela.org/helpalice
- Mutual Aid Google Doc: https://tinyurl.com/r6sctyn
- Mutual Aid New Orleans Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MutualAidNewOrleans
- DSA Mutual Aid Survey: https://tinyurl.com/rcmfrmy
- OPPRC Bail Fund: https://tinyurl.com/robsssc
- NOLA COVID-19 Mutual Aid: https://tinyurl.com/spfto6v
- Gig Economy Workers Fund:https://www.nolaba.org/relief-fund/
- Freelance Artist Resources: https://tinyurl.com/rdtrdd4
- Louisiana Hospitality Foundation: https://tinyurl.com/ryjx4lm
- Louisiana Hospitality Foundation – Bar Owner Relief Fund
- NOLA Bartender Tip Party:http://laurasanders.fun/nola-tip-party
- USBG Grant: https://www.usbgfoundation.org/covid-19-response
- Resources for Domestic Workers: https://tinyurl.com/vtxn8fk
- Immigrant and Refugee Resources: https://tinyurl.com/ug4bncu
- Resources for Teachers and Musicians: https://tinyurl.com/s35htft
- For more visit: https://ready.nola.gov/home/#finance