Information and Resources about the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Healthcare.Gov is the official site of Affordable Care Act (ACA). Visit this page to learn more about coverage options and answer any questions you may have.
Enroll now for 2018 coverage starting November 1, 2017. You must take action by DECEMBER 15, 2017, whether you are signing up or re-enrolling. Financial help is available to lower monthly costs.
Need help? Contact the NOMC at 504-412-1366 and ask to speak to our patient intake coordinator for more information.
The NOMC will help point you in the direction of a certified patient navigator, who can assist you in finding the right health coverage plan for you. Eligibility is based on income and household size. You will need to have income information and a social security number for each person in your household.
Failure to enroll in health insurance coverage will result in fines.
The Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator provides estimates of health insurance premiums and subsidies for people purchasing insurance on their own in health insurance exchanges (or “Marketplaces”) created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
You may qualify for help paying your premium and co-pays! In Louisiana, 93% of people receive financial assistance.
NOMC & AF staff recommend the following resources:
- Can I get help paying for insurance? – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Artists Health Insurance Resource Center
- Health Reform – The Henry J. Kaiser Famliy Foundation
- Learn how the health care law works for you and your family – AARP
- Marketplace Insurance Plans
- Affordable Care Act FAQ’s: What to know about Louisiana’s new health insurance marketplace – The Associated Press – September 28, 2013
- Graduating from College? Here are 4 ways to get Health Coverage – Health Insurance Marketplace June 4, 2014
- Video from the ACA Healthcare Seminar hosted by the Musicians Union meeting – October 3rd, 2013 – Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
- Musician Health Care Forums in New Orleans – OffBeat – September 11, 2013